Velvet Coat Event || Spring Clean
Stop by Velvet Coat with your items and meet with Revival:
Drop Off Dates:
Iowa City : Friday, February 10am - 5pm
Des Moines : Saturday, February 10am - 5pm
Can't make it that day?
You can drop clothes off at the Velvet Coat Iowa City location starting Saturday, January 28th!
What is Revival buying?
- Tops: casual long and short sleeve tees and blouses
- Lightweight Sweaters: casual, lighter weight sweaters and cardigans
- Jeans: high waist and rise, skinny or boyfriend/distressed Levi's 501 style cuts
- Shorts: mostly cutoff denim shorts (no chino shorts)
- Dresses + Skirts: casual + cute dresses and skirts
- Boots + Shoes: warm weather leather booties, loafers, clogs, and other casual styles
Handbags: leather + suede are our faves
What is Revival not buying?
- Formal/ Professional Attire: blazers, suits, dress pants
- Winter Coats + Accessories
- Heavy Sweaters
- Winter/Tall Boots
- Flares/Bootcut Jeans
- Chino Shorts
- Summer Dresses + Tanks
- Summer Sandals
How does Revival value your items?
- A general rule of thumb in the re-sale game is that items are priced at approximately 1/3 of the original retail. This changes based on the styles, condition, and the market-value of the items.
- We are always on Ebay, Tradesy, ThredUp, theRealReal, Poshmark (just to name a few) checking on the going rates of items. We use this as a gauge but we also have over a decade of re-selling experience.
- We will determine the resale selling price of your items and you will receive 40% of that in a Velvet Coat gift certificate. So those Citizen jeans you are no longer wearing........we sell them for $68 and you get $30 to put towards anything and everything at Velvet Coat!
- Remember that selling is always up to you. We will individually price each item and YOU get to decide what you want to sell - some of it, all of it, none of it- you call.